In this course, you will learn how to create a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops deployment. Get hands-on as the course guides you through the architecture, communications, management, installation, and configuration of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops to host apps and desktops for your users. And it will also introduce you to Citrix Cloud and Citrix DaaS to become familiar with these products.
This course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills to successfully understand, manage, and deliver well-informed planning decisions along the way.
Product Versions Covered: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203 LTSR, Citrix DaaS.
CWS-215 Course Delivery Methods
CWS-215 Course Course Information
In this CWS-215 course, you will learn how to:
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR on-premises.
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment.
- Create Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads.
- Deliver app and desktop resources to users.
- Introduce Citrix Cloud and Citrix DaaS.
Strong foundational knowledge of:
- Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Active Directory, Policies, Profiles, Networking and Hypervisors.
CWS-215 Course Outline
- New Citrix Workspace Packaging
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR Refresh – What’s New
- End-User and Admin Experience
- Overview of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Components
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Features and Resource Capabilities
- Hosting Platform Considerations
- Connection Flow Process Introduction
- Citrix Licensing Setup
- Delivery Controller Setup
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Setup
- Redundancy Considerations
- Master Image Creation Methods
- Master Image Requirements
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning Methods and Considerations
- Machine Creation Services – Deep Dive
- MCS Environment Considerations
- StoreFront Overview
- StoreFront Beacons
- Citrix Workspace app
- StoreFront Features
- Citrix Policies – Methods to Manage Policies
- Citrix HDX Features – Using Policies
- Published App Properties
- Server OS Published App Optimizations
- Published App Presentation
- Application Groups
- Apps and Desktops Presentation
- Printing Concepts and Printer Provisioning Printer Drivers
- Print Environment - Considerations
- User Profiles – Introduction and Considerations
- Configuring Citrix Profile Management
- Profile Containers – VHDX-based Policies
- Delegated Administration
- Use PowerShell with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Power Management Considerations
- Citrix Admin Security Considerations
- XML Service Security Considerations
- Secure HDX External Traffic
- Citrix Workspace Deployment and Configuration
- Citrix Director Introduction
- Monitor and Interact with User Sessions
- Published Apps Analysis
- Monitor the Machines Running the VDA
- Site Specific Common Monitoring
- Alerts and Notifications
- Optimize Citrix Director Monitoring with Citrix Application Delivery Management
- Citrix Analytics Introduction
- Prepare to use Citrix Analytics
- Types of Analytics
- Introduction to Supporting a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
- A List of Common Tools
- Common Tasks for Proactive Administration
- Optimizing VDAs – Citrix Optimizer
- Citrix Workspace Environment Management Overview
- HDX Optimization
- What is Citrix Cloud?
- Why Citrix DaaS?
- Migration from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops to Citrix DaaS
- Citrix Cloud Administration