Learn to operate a Red Hat® OpenStack Platform private cloud and manage domain resources to secure and deploy modern, scalable cloud applications, networks, and storage.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators (CL110) teaches you how to operate and manage a production Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) single-site overcloud. You will learn how to create secure project environments to provide resources and manage security privileges cloud users need to deploy scalable cloud applications. In addition, you will learn about OpenShift integration with load balancers, identity management, monitoring, proxies, and storage. You will also develop more troubleshooting and Day 2 operations skills in this course.
Students in the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators (CL110) course will focus on performing routine and specialized tasks necessary to manage a production OpenStack overcloud domain. Students will manage OpenStack using both web-based and command-line interfaces.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.1.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I Training Delivery Methods
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I Training Course Information
Essential skills covered in the course include the following:
- Launch instances to satisfy various use case examples.
- Manage domains, projects, users, roles, and quota in a multitenant environment.
- Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses.
- Manage instance security with group rules and access keys.
- Create and manage block, object, and shared storage within OpenStack.
- Perform instance launch customization with cloud-init.
- Deploy scalable applications using stack templates.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- If you are not a RHCSA, you can take a skill assessment to gauge your level of knowledge.
- The Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack Exam (EX210) voucher is available for purchase separately from this course.
- Exam EX210 is based on a combination of this course and Learning Tree course 1683, Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210) Training.
- By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Cloud Infrastructure, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
- This exam is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.1.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I Course Outline
- Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Module 2: Manage application projects in a multitenant cloud
- Module 3: Manage OpenStack networking
- Module 4: Configure resources to launch a non-public instance
- Module 5: Configure virtual machine system disks
- Module 6: Provide additional storage strategies
- Module 7: Configure resources to launch an instance with public access
- Module 8: Automate customized cloud application launches
- Module 9: Manage cloud application placement