To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technological solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems—not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
This two-day, interactive SAFe DevOps course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
This course is based on version 5.1 of SAFe.
SAFe DevOps Training Delivery Methods
SAFe DevOps Training Information
This SDP Certification training includes the following benefits:
- Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline and the knowledge they need to support the plan
- SAFe 6.0 Certified DevOps Practitioner certificate and a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Access to meetup groups and events to connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- Includes 1-year Scaled Agile Membership (for first-time attendees of SAFe courses)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, if you wouldn't consider yourself fluent in Agile Fundamentals, Learning Tree highly encourages a foundational training or workshop in advance of SAFe DevOps, as it can be too much to absorb otherwise. Learning Tree can come onsite to train your team in a short day on the Essentials of SAFe.
If you'd prefer a single enrollment in a public event, consider Introduction to Scrum Training, or Agile Fundamentals Training.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 73%
- Delivery: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Practice and certification exams are available in your Scaled Agile Community portal under the course you’re attending.
- Cost: Initial cost is included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Retake Fee: $50; $250 for SPCs
- Retake Policy: First retake may be taken immediately after the first failed attempt. Second retake may be taken 10 days after the first retake. Third retake may be taken 30 days after the second retake. All subsequent retakes require a 30-day wait.
SAFe DevOps Training Outline
- Recognize the problem to be solved
- Explain DevOps and its benefits
- Describe continuous security and testing
- Describe core DevOps principles
- Explain the purpose of mapping the Value Stream
- Visualize the current state of the delivery pipeline using key metrics
- Create solution hypotheses
- Collaborate and research customer needs
- Architect the solution for continuous delivery
- Synthesize the Vision, the Roadmap, and the Program Backlog
- Develop the solution
- Build continuously
- Test end-to-end
- Validate on a staging environment
- Deploy to production
- Verify the solution
- Monitor for problems
- Respond and recover
- Release on demand
- Stabilize the solution
- Measure the business value
- Learn and react
- Prioritize the backlog
- Share your DevOps action plan
- Becoming a SAFe DevOps Practitioner