This DevOps Foundation® (DOFD) Certification training provides an introduction to DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster. Improving the ability of IT to produce software faster improves the ability of the business to deliver value to customers faster. The course includes an extensive collection of basic DevOps terms and concepts, highlights all aspects of DevOps (people, processes and technology) and addresses the organizational change aspects of adopting a DevOps culture. The training reinforces learning through practical hands-on assignments.
DOFD Certification Training Delivery Methods
DOFD Certification Training Information
In this DOFD Certification training, you will learn how to:
- Articulate DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Demonstrate the benefits to the business and IT
- Explore principles and practices including CI, CD, testing, security, and the Three Ways
- Align DevOps with other frameworks like Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Optimize improved work flows, communication, and feedback loops
- Identify automation practices, including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Understand critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Use real-world examples to understand the ROI of DevOps initiative
- Identify how best to scale DevOps for the enterprise
- Achieve the DevOps Institute Foundation Certification
- Participate in unique activities designed to apply training
- Take sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques with you post-training
- Access to DevOps Institute additional sources of information and communities
- Real-Life case studies are weaved throughout the course
DOFD Certification Training Prerequisites
Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
Pre-class assignment: Read “DevOps – The Basics.” This reading will be provided to attendees via email. Please allow 30 minutes (18 pages) to complete this assignment.
DOFD Certification Information
The exam is:
- Taken in-class and is included in the course tuition.
- Duration is 60 minutes.
- Open book.
To maintain the value and integrity of the certification, all candidates are required to attend approved DOI classes through one of the DOI REPs (Registered Education Providers) to be eligible to sit the exam.
DOI exams are administered by Kryterion Global Testing Solutions.
Sample Paper and Exams are based on Foundation v3.10
DOFD Certification Training Outline
- Definition, Goals, and Stakeholders
- Why Now?
- What’s driving the Business and IT
- Recent findings
- The Golden Circle-Business ‘Why’
- Business Value of DevOps
- Cultural and Technical Challenges
- Can IT be Bi-modal?
- The Three Ways (Phoenix Project)
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Agile Service Management
- Value Stream Mapping
- Improvement Kata
- What is Culture?
- Cultural Debt
- Managing Culture Change
- Managing Conflict
- Enablers, Benefits, Terms and First Steps for Getting Started
- DevOps Toolchains
- Deployment Pipeline
- DevOps Metrics
- Organizational Considerations
- DevOps Teams
- Challenges, Risks and Critical Success Factors