The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a DevOps evolution requires new skills, tools, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across an organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for DevOps ways of working through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Leader exam.
DevOps Leader Training Delivery Methods
DevOps Leader Training Information
In this DevOps Leader course, you will learn how to:
- Understand differences between DevOps IT and Traditional IT.
- Identify ideas for organizing workflows.
- Focus on value outcomes.
- Drive cultural and behavioral change.
An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended.
- The exam Duration is 60 minutes
- Exams are open book and web-based
To maintain the certification's value and integrity, all candidates must attend approved DOI classes through one of the DOI REPs (Registered Education Providers) to be eligible to sit the exam.
DevOps Leader Course Outline
- Current Definitions of DevOps
- Benefits of DevOps
- Transformational Leadership
- Psychological Safety and Neuroscience
- Mindset, Mental Models and Cognitive Bias
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and DevOps
- How DevOps Differs
- DevOps Kaizen
- Building Safety In
- Avoiding Measure to Target
- Creating a Current Value Stream Map
- The Improvement Kata and Experiments
- Creating a Future Value Stream Map
- Conway's Law
- Desired Outcomes of DevOps
- DevOps TOM Design Principles
- Organizational Change in Large Enterprises
- Empowering People
- Broadcasting Outside of Your Organization
- The DevOps Business Case
- Culture and Climate
- A High-Trust Culture
- Kolb’s Learning Styles